Places to See
- Rockbox Theater
- Come experience professional family-friendly live entertainment from the golden era of rock n roll onstage at a 392-seat indoor theater just one block off Main Street. Every weekend, a resident cast presents a live music production filled with costumes, choreography, and comedy. The cast of entertainers stays the same, but the show changes every weekend. Rockbox Theater is the only professionally cast live-music rock n roll show in the Texas Hill Country that guarantees family-friendly entertainment.
109 N Llano St.
- Enchanted Rock State Natural Area
- This 1,643-acre park is home to the second largest granite outcrop in the US, and provides opportunities for hiking, rock climbing, rappelling, camping, and picnicking. Fee
RR 965 N. (18 miles) (915) 247-3903
- Wildseed Farms, Ltd.
- Visit one of the nation’s largest working wildflower farms. Open daily. Self guided tours of the flowers available. Color from Spring through first frost.
Hwy. 290 East, 7 miles East of Fredericksburg (830) 990-1393
- Lady Bird Golf Course
- Beautiful 18 hole championship golf course open seven days a week. Fee
Texas Hwy. 16 South, 3 miles (800) 950-8147
- Luckenbach, Texas
- Established as a trading post in 1849, Luckenbach consists of a dancehall, general store, and bar. This settlement has enjoyed continued notoriety for its free spirit.
RR 1376, 8 miles Southeast of Fredericksburg (830) 997-3224
- National Museum of the Pacific War
- Dedicated to everyone who served in the Pacific War. The George Bush Gallery of the Pacific War, the Plaza of the Presidents, and the History Walk of the Pacific War are all part of the park. Fee
340 E. Main Street (830) 997-4379
- Fredericksburg Herb Farm
- 402 Whitney Street (6 blocks off W. Main) (830) 997-8615 Beautiful organic herb gardens, a celebration of scent and color. The Herb Farm also has a tearoom, candle shop, day spa, and retail area along with the herb gardens.
- Pioneer Museum Complex
- 309 W. Main Street (830) 997-2835 This museum contains superb examples of early German structures and artifacts. Open to the public seven days a week. Prior arrangements required for special tours of historic homes and sites owned by the Gillespie County Historical Society. Fee
- Old Tunnel Wildlife Management Area (Bat Tunnel)
- Old San Antonio Hwy. 12 miles Open nightly June through October. View a colony of Mexican free-tail bats as they fly out for their nightly hunt.
- LBJ State and National Historical Parks
- The LBJ park complex encompasses 700 acres and has a visitor center, historic areas, tours, exhibits, and hiking trails.
Hwy. 290 East, 16 miles
- Main Street Shopping
- Hand-made crafts, linens, quilts, antiques, candles, jewelery, gourmet food, wine and so much more.
- Vereins Kirche Museum
- This unique building is a well-known landmark of the city of Fredericksburg in the heart of town. Learn about the original “Society’s Church” and its interesting history. Fee
Center of Markplatz., Main Street